New User Essentials - Classroom
The New User Essentials classroom is a five day course composed of five different modules for your employees and the varied roles they fulfill in your business. Each module is focused on different e-automate functions to target different employee responsibilities. These courses provide extensive guided practice using your e-automate software.
Inventory and purchasing essentials—This is an 8 hour course taught on one day. During this course, inventory and purchasing personnel learn about inventory items, movement, acquisition and management.
- Accounting essentials—This is an 8 hour course taught on one day. During this course your accounting and accounts payable personnel learn the details of accounting areas in e-automate.
Sales essentials—This is a 4 hour course. During this course, sales personnel learn about e-automate sales processes.
Service contract essentials—This is a 12 hour course conducted over two days. During this course, contract personnel learn how to create and bill contracts as well as make corrections to service contracts.
Service dispatch essentials—This is a 4 hour course. During this course, service personnel learn about how service calls are handled in e-automate.
Training is a key to success with your e-automate software. It is important to get the right training at the right time. Training too soon risks your employees forgetting key processes prior to going live and training too late risks employee frustration and entry errors. E-automate recommends that your employees be trained within eight weeks of your e-automate go-live date. New User Essentials training courses are offered every month, giving your employees two different session dates to choose from.
Inventory and purchasing essentials is for personnel who perform and/or manage inventory items, purchase orders, receiving, returns, transfers, physical inventory, restock levels, backorders, warehouses, and bins.
- Accounting essentials is for accounting and accounts payable personnel to learn the details of accounting areas in e-automate.
- Sales essentials is for personnel who perform and/or manage sales quotes, sales orders, sales invoices, supply orders, customer returns, equipment leases sales, and equipment orders.
- Service contract essentials is for personnel who perform and/or manage equipment, service contracts, renewals, billing, meters and collection, rate increases, and contract invoice corrections.
- Service dispatch essentials is for personnel who perform and/or manage service calls, call dispatching, call invoicing, and incomplete calls. Also include a review of Remote Tech.
As described above, each course has a unique audience that should attend. All courses are not for all personnel. Please use the above course audience descriptions to best determine who should attend each course. All of the new user essentials courses occur within one calendar week.
New user essentials schedule at-a-glance
|Day||8:30 am - Noon||Noon - 1:00 pm||1:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
|Above times are meant as a general time guide. Offerings are subject to change based on location. E-automate confirms exact times in registration confirmation e-mails.|
|Monday||Inventory & Purchasing||Lunch||Inventory & Purchasing|
|Thursday||Service Contracts||Lunch||Service Contracts|
|Friday||Dispatch||class goes til 1:00 pm||Depart*|
*To accommodate attendees catching flights home, we end at 1:00 pm on Friday, with no break for lunch.
The New User Essentials course is a great opportunity to train employees, particularly those that need understanding and influence on all areas of e-automate. It is especially important to have those employees that will be influential in designing your business processes, working with the data conversion team, coordinating new user training at home, as well as those that will simply be using the system. This is a week for your employees to take the opportunity to focus on just learning the software so your implementation and use of e-automate can be optimal and you can maximize your investment. Employees after they have attended can return home with the tools needed to put in place an internal training program for other employee users of e-automate.